Enterprise Software Engineer
August 8, 2016
Location : Detroit, MI
Major Duties and Responsibilities
– Define, design, build, test, deploy, and support software products
– Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
– Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work…just-in-time
– Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes
– Forecast completing well-defined work and deliver on those forecasts
– Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members
– Utilize technical skills, creativity and communication skills, with assistance from team members, to design and document a system that fulfills customer requirements
– Test-drive code
– Pair program with different people in many situations
– Participates in design walkthroughs
– Implements test plans, including the creation of test data and the verification of the test environment
– Maintains hardware and software in the production environment for assigned areas
– Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
– Meet team standards and provide the flexibility to meet future customer needs
– Addresses production problems and makes changes to system functionality
Skills and Abilities:
– Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development
– Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
– Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
– Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
– Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
– Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
– Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
– Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
– Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
– Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
– Proven experience designing and developing software using Java and Java constructs in a UNIX environment in one or more of the following domains:
– Enterprise Services – JSE required; Java/JEE Patterns preferred
– Web Services – RESTful, XML/JSON, JMS preferred
– Likely experience designing 3+ products
– Likely 5+ years of experience
– Advanced regarding skill mastery
Conference Call Notes:
– The candidate will be coding 100% on Java and related technology.
– Preferred Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
– 3 to 5 years of hands on work experience.
– Knowledge of core Java and its principles is a must.
ICONMA is a nationwide consulting firm with corporate headquarters in Troy, MI, providing Professional Staffing and Project Based Services and Solutions for Fortune 1000 clients in a broad range of industries. Core Industries served include: Biotech/Pharmaceutical, Cable, Clinical, Consumer Services, Energy, Engineering, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Government/Defense, Healthcare, Insurance, Logistics, Manufacturing, Media, Mortgage, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Scientific, Services, Technology, Telecommunications, Transportation, and Utilities.
ICONMA is a certified Woman-Owned “Woman-Owned Business Enterprise”, certified by Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC).
The company was founded on the principle that success is derived from delivering high quality service and resources in the most responsive, flexible, and innovative way. ICONMA invests in people and resources with a single goal: To provide our customers with the highest quality service in the most responsive manner.
We measure success by the results of our customers. As a business partner, we know that world-class service and cost effective solutions are the primary keys to success. ICONMA uses technical expertise and business knowledge to help customers achieve these objectives.
Email : email@example.com
Tele Phone :(248)275-1130
Toll Free : (248)275-1130