Network Infrastructure Engineer
June 13, 2016
Location : Detroit, MI
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Facilities (access control, environmental conditioning, resource assignment/distribution, etc.)
– Computing devices (desktops, notebooks, servers, mobile devices, etc.)
– Network infrastructure (routers, firewalls, DNS servers, etc.)
– Engineering peripherals (vehicles, test modules, scopes, etc.)
– Operations support processes and procedures (documentation, support, and execution)
– Additionally, the systems administrator will perform maintenance and operational support activities for computers, network infrastructure, and associated applications including end user support. This position also encompasses rotational 24 x 7 on call support.
Skills and Abilities:
– Proven operational support experience both infrastructure (servers, network, etc.) and application (application monitoring, application administration and restart, etc.)
– Proven skills and experience installing, configuring, administrating, monitoring/maintaining computer systems and associated applications in a data center (or equivalent) environment including web servers such as Apache and WebLogic, application servers such as Web Logic, database servers such as Oracle
– Proven skills and experience troubleshooting computer and related operational issues independently
– Proven skills and experience identifying and implementing operational procedures
– Proven skills and experience conducting end-user support
– Proven interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing end user documentation, process/policy/ procedure documentation, operational support incident communications, etc.
– Proven skills and experience with network/host security (LDAP, Active Directory, UNIX, etc.)
– Proven skills and experience administrating both UNIX (Linux, Solaris, HP-UX) and Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008, 7) operating systems. Adept at the use of performance analysis methods/tools to tune systems and resolve connectivity problems.
– Proven understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts (Experience configuring network file systems (NFS), network file synchronization schemes, license manager configuration, etc.).
– Proven experience with TCP/IP networking protocols (ability to debug and manage at the network level, firewall management)
– Proven skills programming in an administrative language (Perl, UNIX shells, etc.).
– Exposure to database management a plus (backup, ETL, transactional replication approaches)
– Exposure to CTI/Telephony PBX administration a plus (Asterisk soft switch, VoIP, SIP, etc.)
– 10 years +
– Experience with network infrastructure and OS profiling
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
– Key skills are Linux, Cisco and Web logic
Preferred candidates should have experience with:
– Deployment of Virtual server nodes (VMware, etc.)
– Modification and configuration of the Linux boot process, including Red Hat Linux 6 and related distributions
– Distributed configuration management software (Salt)
– Security scanning tools (Qualys, Web inspect).
ICONMA is a nationwide consulting firm with corporate headquarters in Troy, MI, providing Professional Staffing and Project Based Services and Solutions for Fortune 1000 clients in a broad range of industries. Core Industries served include: Biotech/Pharmaceutical, Cable, Clinical, Consumer Services, Energy, Engineering, Financial Services, Food & Beverage, Government/Defense, Healthcare, Insurance, Logistics, Manufacturing, Media, Mortgage, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Scientific, Services, Technology, Telecommunications, Transportation, and Utilities.
ICONMA is a certified Woman-Owned “Woman-Owned Business Enterprise”, certified by Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC).
The company was founded on the principle that success is derived from delivering high quality service and resources in the most responsive, flexible, and innovative way. ICONMA invests in people and resources with a single goal: To provide our customers with the highest quality service in the most responsive manner.
We measure success by the results of our customers. As a business partner, we know that world-class service and cost effective solutions are the primary keys to success. ICONMA uses technical expertise and business knowledge to help customers achieve these objectives.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tele Phone :(732)354-7832
Toll Free : (855)499-5578